Fans of Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny and Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII can rejoice as Activision is bringing news for all of these franchises to the upcoming San Diego Comic Con, running from 19th-22nd July.
So… what’ll be on offer? Let’s dive straight into the schedule:
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4
- Panel: Thursday, July 19 at 1:00pm-2:00pm, Room #6BCF
Description: Treyarch’s Jason Blundell (Sr. Executive Producer) and Craig Houston (Lead Writer) celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Call of Duty’s Zombies and discuss what’s next for the studio’s signature undead in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Get ready for never-before-seen footage, exciting special announcements, and Q&A.
- Dark Horse Comic Book Cover Art Signing: Thursday, July 19 at 3:00pm-4:00pm, Dark Horse Booth #2615, Attendees receive: Exclusive art print
- BAIT Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Signing: Thursday, July 19 at 5:30pm-7:00pm, BAIT Store at 920 Fifth Ave., San Diego, CA 92101, Attendees can purchase: Apparel from the Call of Duty® Zombies capsule collection
- Call of Duty Action Figures by McFarlane Toys: July 19-22, Diamond Comic Distributors Booth #2401, Attendees can view: Upcoming Fall lineup of figures on display at the Diamond Comic Distributors booth, including John ‘Soap’ MacTavish, John ‘Soap’ MacTavish (Bloody Variant), Donnie ‘Ruin’ Walsh, Simon ‘Ghost’ Riley, Simon ‘Ghost’ Riley (Winter Variant), and Seraph
SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY
- Panel: Thursday, July 19 at 2:15pm-3:15pm, Room #6BCF
Description: Spyro: Reigniting a Legend—In 2018, Spyro the dragon is soaring to new heights in the Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy. This panel will connect Spyro’s creation with his present by giving fans an exclusive look into the creative process behind the original games from the ’90s and the 2018 remastered collection. Panelists include key members of the Insomniac Games and Toys For Bob development teams, Stewart Copeland (composer of the original Spyro™ soundtrack), Tom Kenny (the voice of Spyro), and Michael John (Producer at Universal Interactive Studios on the original Spyro trilogy). With this panel, some of the most talented names in entertainment will share their unique experiences in creating and remastering one of the most beloved trilogies in platforming history. San Diego Comic-Con exclusive giveaway slated for panel attendees.
Crash Bandicoot, Destiny and more!
- Crash Bandicoot – Vinyl & Collectible Figures by NECA / Kidrobot: July 19-22, NECA / Kidrobot Booth #5145. Attendees can purchase: Full lineup of figures on display at the NECA / Kidrobot booth
- Destiny – Sweeper Bot by Funko Pop! Games: July 19-22, Funko Pop! Games Booth #5341, Attendees can purchase: SDCC exclusive product on display at the Funko Pop! Games booth
Plenty of options for fans then. In the UK there is a large line of Spyro the Dragon merchandise being prepared by Numskull designs, details are scare at the moment but you can find the product page right here.
Whether you attend the event or not, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of announcements that appeal to franchise fans worldwide. One thing you can be 100% sure of, you’ll get all the updates right here at thelootgaming.com.