Bethesda have released a fantastic little teaser trailer for their E3 2018 press conference. It’ll be held on June 10th at 6:30pm PST. Last year at Bethesda’s conference they unveiled their new modding and creation focused tools in the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series while also announcing two huge new games, Wolfenstein 2 and The Evil Within 2; both games launched the same year they were revealed to critical acclaim. The teaser shows Bethesda’s iconic characters, but also has a creation theme to it. This makes it likely we’ll see an expansion to the Creation Club. Potentially it will be expanded to more games other than Fallout 4 and Skyrim. What else do we expect/want to see announced? Scroll down for details…
There is basically nothing announced from the publishing or development side of Bethesda right now. The company has been fantastic with their new platform support with games like Doom VFR, Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR. They’ve also been great so far with their Nintendo Switch support with Doom, Skyrim and Wolfenstein 2 still to come. So what comes next?
- Quake Champions is the only confirmed game in development, an update on this is likely
- An expansion to Elder Scrolls Online is possible, the last big add on was Morrowind in 2017 so at the very least a reveal is expected for what comes next
- A new AAA game, whether that’s a new Fallout, similar to New Vegas, Elder Scrolls as it has been 7 years since Skyrim or a new IP altogether
- DLC, Bethesda released Prey, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 last year, it would not be a shock for all three to get DLC reveals
- Nintendo Switch Ports, as already mentioned Bethesda have shown a great interest in the system, more games is definitely likely
- Mobile games, Bethesda’s Fallout Shelter is a fantastic example of a great mobile game done right, it doesn’t demean the IP, gouge the player’s wallet and it is great fun to play. Based on this success its safe to say more is coming
- Elder Scrolls 6… Since Skyrim released there has been a slate of beautiful open world RPGs, from The Witcher 3 to Horizon Zero Dawn. They are much more technically advanced with more in depth combat, seeing Bethesda bring the Elder Scrolls series up to speed with today’s competition could be incredible. Personally I’d like to see a more impactful combat system
- Starfield… Bethesda were rumored to be working on a Sci-fi RPG set in space. If the rumors are true then it could finally be the time to reveal the game with a launch date late this year
- Doom 2… Doom was met with great critical reception. The authors on this site love it and deservedly so. It’s an amazing shooter, with intensity and speed unlike most others, based on the reception a sequel will definitely be in the works, it’s just a matter of when we hear more
- Game of Thrones… Last year there was a slew of rumors that Bethesda were working on a Game of Thrones licensed game. GoT getting the license treatment properly in the way that Batman did with the Arkham series or Spiderman is getting now could be an interesting prospect, the series has the name recognition to garner a lot of attention for Bethesda.
Thats it for me on my Bethesda expectations and predictions. I can’t wait for E3 and I’m sure come June there’ll be plenty to be excited about going forward. For now we can guess but when E3 comes keep your eyes on thelootgaming.com for everything Bethesda and more. While you’re there why not check out our reviews for Bethesda games like Doom, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2?