Another E3 news cycle, another round of negative news about Crackdown 3. Following murmurs in recent weeks that the game was set to be delayed to 2019, Amazon Spain has canceled its customer’s preorders of the Xbox One Console exclusive.
But luckily, there is no need to worry as Aaron Greenberg already clarified on twitter that the Amazon Spain preorders canceled were due to an issue on Amazon side.
Team also confirmed this was due to a technical issue on Amazon side and is being addressed. Hope that helps!
— Aaron Greenberg (@aarongreenberg) May 30, 2018
Windows Central’s @jezcorden has had his say on the matter, predicting that the game will be delayed to 2019.
Delayed out of 2018 is my guess, based on what I've been hearing from a few places. But who knows, gonna ask MS for comment.
— Jez 🧟 (@JezCorden) May 30, 2018
Sumo Digital and Reagent games are developing the game and it has been having a very turbulent development cycle so far:
- The game was revealed in 2014
- Official title revealed at Gamescom 2015
- An original release year of 2016 was given
- The game was subsequently delayed
- The game was given a new release date of November 7th 2017 to coincide with the Xbox One X
- Terry Crews was announced as being involved
- A terrible demo was shown containing multiple glitches
- The game was delayed again to Spring 2018
- The game was reportedly delayed to Fall 2018
- 2019 delay imminent?
Hopefully, Microsoft will comment soon and they don’t leave fans waiting until E3. Until then there’s plenty of other games to be excited about. Bethesda has just announced a new Fallout title and Warner Bros announced a new LEGO game, check them out at thelootgaming.com.