One of the games I was most impressed and excited by at Gamescom 2018 was Fade to Silence from THQ Nordic and Black Forest Games. Currently available in Early Access, it is much closer to console release than previously thought.
Fade to Silence launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on April 30th 2019.
- The final storyline, telling a story of a father fighting for his families’ survival during the apocalypse
- Dream sequences allowing further character development of the main character
- Detailed tutorial phase at the start of the game to make it as accessible as possible for new players.
- A survival handbook means players old and new can refresh their memories on key aspects of gameplay
- The dream gallery means players can re-watch any dream sequences they’ve already uncovered.
Want more information, here’s the key features:
- Explore a vast winter landscape: From a frozen river delta to once-lush farmlands and dense forests, each area features a myriad of locations to explore
- Tense atmosphere and unforgiving gameplay. This is a strategist’s game
- Wolf Sled Expeditions: Pack your sled, take a follower with you, and go on long-term expeditions into the farthest regions
- Recruit followers to get access to better gear, enabling you to survive the cold environment and increasingly dangerous creatures
- Exploration mode lets you roam the world and experience the story at your own pace
- Lead your followers and keep them alive. You will face harsh choices
- Trust your inner voice. It is your friend.