Middle Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition launches August 31st on PS4, Xbox One and PC with X and Pro enhancements!
Last year Warner Bros’ Middle Earth series continued with Shadow of War. The game launched to critical acclaim and continued to document the story of the ranger Talion and the forger of the rings of power, Celebrimbor as they make their way through the regions of Mordor. Featuring multiple open world environments you could build a huge army of Orcs and lay siege to fortresses all while taking part in massive battles with trolls, drakes and more. It really is an epic title fitting of its place in the Lord of the Rings universe. Now the game is getting a rerelease, featuring all of the content included in the expansion pass as well as brand new enhancements to the game and content updates. Included is:
- Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Main Game
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
- Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
This means more story rooted in the Lord of the Rings universe as well as brand new, varied orcs to dominate and recruit into your forces. The title has already received numerous quality of life and content updates since launch, by August 31st this will include:
- Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
- Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
Yes, the microtransactions are gone. Yes, that long grind of an end game has not only been streamlined, now it features more story content. All the rest are brilliant additions that make this a more well rounded package. It’s always excellent to see a developer support a game post launch, especially a title that is 95% single player. The Definitive edition will retail for £49.99. You will need an online connection to download anything that isn’t the main game.
Pretty stunning box art. Why don’t you check out our recent article on the ins and outs of ports and how the gaming community feels about them? Or find out which club PES 2019 has partnered with, calling them “the most successful club in the world.” For all your news and reviews, stick to thelootgaming.com.