There’s a killer on the loose!
News slash! Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut, the meatiest version of the most murderific puzzle game ever made, will be causing carnage on consoles next week. The serial-killing, block-shaped brain-strainer launches 23rd October for Xbox One, 24th October on PlayStation 4 in North America, and 1st November on PlayStation 4 in Europe.
Slayaway Camp is the debut title from developer Blue Wizard Digital, the indie studio formed by PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka. Between them, the Blue Wizard team has previously worked on such awesome titles as Bejeweled, Peggle, Cosmochoria, and Cardinal Quest.
In addition to that impressive roll-call, Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut features the incredible voice-over talents of Mark Meer, better known to gamers as Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard, and Derek Mears, who plays legendary killer Jason Voorhees in the 2009 reboot of Friday the 13th.
To celebrate the arrival of Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut, please enjoy the launch trailer, featuring extremely rad music from GNÜ TRUNTION and excessive cartoon violence courtesy of Skullface:
ABOUT THE GAME
Already an award-winning hit on PC and mobile (with Metacritic ratings on those platforms of 83 and 88 respectively), Slayaway Camp is a killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psychotic slasher hell-bent on revenge. Slide this adorably demented murderer around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate hapless victims in this darkly comic homage to 80s horror movies.
This special console-only Butcher’s Cut edition is the biggest and bloodiest version of Slayaway Camp… EVER! More puzzles. More killers. More gore. It’s the ultimate videogame nasty.
- Includes the base game and the following additional content: Deluxe Edition, My Gory Valentine, HellCamp, Monthly Murderers Series 1 & 2, Supernatural Forces, and Santa’s Slay
- 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
- 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with, including deranged wackos such as Mutant Hillbilly, Kevin, and the killer inter-dimensional clown: THAT
- 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as Jessica
- Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
- Created by Jason Kapalka (Peggle, Bejewelled), Nate Schmold & Jessi Ross (Cosmochoria) and Ido Yehieli (Cardinal Quest)
- Slayaway Camp was recently selected as an overall winner at the annual Google Play Indie Games Festival
- Achievements and Trophies (includes Platinum) added for Xbox One and PS4 versions
- Localized in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian