The multiplayer pinball game Kabounce which we loved so much is getting a Summer update as well as a free weekend. From July 26th (today!), you’ll have access to Ranked mode, new maps, new modes and new cosmetics! The free weekend starts today and ends July 31st at midnight, which will be Monday night/early Tuesday morning.
If you are a PS Plus subscriber, you’ll be able to purchase the game after the trial for up to 40% off in the Summer sale. There’s really no excuse not to at least give the game a try.
- Relay game mode is a cooperative mode where multiple players control one
pinball and switch control at set intervals. Rank with your Relay Teams in
the group leaderboard (separate from individual, groups of 2-4).
- Race mode has been improved
- We’re introducing several new challenges and a separate gauntlet stage.
The amount of levels will more than double. Gauntlet mode and the new
levels introduces various hazards such as saw blades, lasers, moving
platforms and more loot balls to find!
- Challenge seasons
- A special boss pinball is hidden in one of the challenges. Complete challenge objectives, find the PUFF-T1000, beat him in a single player
challenge race and unlock him to play with!
- Overhaul of the challenge menu UI and HUD
- Ranked mode, rank as C Class, B Class, A Class, Competitor, Champion or
Legend. Ranked play will have no bots and features the same random map pool
as quick play:
- A unique new level that’s bigger than any of our multiplayer levels we’ve done before
- Complete personal objectives (such as eliminations and matches played) to
unlock scrap, loot balls and a mystery cosmetic
- Community rewards: All Players, including Free Weekend players, add
progress to unlock these unique rewards for everyone participating by
completing personal objectives
- Summer themed cosmetics (beach hat, life buoy, bikini bottom amongst
All of this comes straight from the developer and it really looks like a massive update. So download it, jump in and then head to social media to let everyone else know your thoughts!
We thought it had the potential to be the next Rocket League in our review. We scored it an 8.8 with the only concerns being the lack of launch content; with this new update, the game is set to reach all new levels.
Stick to thelootgaming.com for all your gaming news and reviews!